Criteria for Eligibility:
- An applicant must have at least 1 year of experience in egress installations.
- An applicant’s employer must be a member of Basement Health Association for a period of one year immediately prior to the submission of this application.
- An applicant must demonstrate, through this application, his or her eligibility via a combination of industry employment, management skills, participation in industry related training programs, participation in national, state or local basement egress or related trade organizations.
- Complete all questions in full. General or summary responses will not be accepted.
- Each applicant and his or her employer must sign and date his or her signature.
- All responses to questions contained in this application are subject to verification by BHA. By signing this application, the applicant and employer authorize BHA, its agents and/or employees, to obtain verification of all information contained herein.
- Upon completion, return this application to Basement Health Association, 22640 Hazel Lane, Rapid City, South Dakota 57702.
- Include with your application, a current photograph of the applicant and a check payable to Basement Health Association in the amount of $500.00. (You may also pay this CES Application Fee online. All fees are non-refundable.)
- Application fees include study material, testing materials, program administration, and a certificate suitable for framing.
- Attach extra sheets if additional space is needed.
- Please print or type answers. Your application may be delayed if an answer is illegible.
- The applicant must sit for the examination within one year of being notified of his or her eligibility to take the examination.
PLEASE NOTE: Basement Health Association (BHA) does not certify, sponsor or endorse its members’ products or services. Successful completion of the certification process accredits that individual as an BHA Certified Egress Specialist® and entitles the sponsoring organization to advertise that it has an BHA Certified Egress Specialist on staff. It is a violation of BHA’s Code of Ethics to advertise or imply that the BHA certifies a member, that the member is certified by the BHA, or, in any way, implies any endorsement of the members’ products or services by the BHA.